Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rag Wreaths

I've seen these done before and really liked them, but I was afraid it might take forever to make one.  Boy was I wrong!!  It took a little bit of time, but it seemed to go pretty quick.  I didn't cut enough fabric at first because I thought I might cut too much.  That delayed the finishing time on it, but the actual work time was maybe a few hours.  Totally could have been done in an afternoon. 
For my youngest two girls' room.
If you want to make one of these, it is extremely easy.  This is one of those projects that you really would have a hard time messing up.  You cut strips of fabric that are around 12" long.   I say around because it will depend on the "frame" that you use for your wreath.  You can use just about anything that is round.  I used a green wire floral frame because it was so inexpensive.  The fabric I used was scraps from various other projects.  I added some tulle for an additional texture.  After you determine the length, you can start cutting your fabric strips.  I made mine anywhere from 1"-2" wide.  Different sizes just give you different splashes of color.  I used pinking shears to cut mine, but is certainly not necessary.  Then you tie all your strips onto the frame using a double knot.  You do that all the way around, and VOILA!!!  You have a great new wreath to decorate with.  I'm already sifting through my scraps to see if I have enough for another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment